What is the benefit of ZENA's high frequency DC to
a weldor? Is it some sort of square wave?
Our proprietary method of welding enhancement, which we often refer to as high
frequency DC (or HFDC) (protected by US patent, other US & foreign patents pending)
is based on controlled variations in the wave form and very high speed variations
in current flow rather than a system of intermittent DC current flow (i.e., a square
wave which can increase weld impurities and result in other electrical effects which
Some of the effects of HFDC:
- Greater puddle agitation for greatly reduced weld joint impurities. X-ray quality
- Deeper penetration for a given power setting (as much as 20%). For example, 100A
of ZENA's HFDC welding current equals 120A of normal DC welding current.
- Easy to start and maintain arc.
- Arc to puddle distance is much less critical than with a standard DC welder.
Standard welder requires constant arc gap distance equal to rod diameter for best
results. ZENA welder can tolerate arc gap distances from 0 to 2X rod diameter without
noticeable degradation in weld quality -- in fact, weld quality improves with shorter
arc gaps due to more effective flux action.
- Almost eliminates electrical power losses due to welding cable resistance and
inductance. For example, welding cable length can be increased by over 400' before
noticeable degradation in weld power is noted and welding cable size must be increased.
For any given application, particularly work up high, welding cables can be lighter
and easier to handle.
- More efficient power generation, less waste heat produced, more power to welder
- Allows welder to function perfectly with all types of welding rod types/alloys
AC or DC.
Bottom line is that we produce an improved welding current, coupled with the ability
of the operator to instantaneously control/adjust welding current while working (the
operator is still a key element in the process) to yield an excellent weld with deep
penetration and few impurities -- even in a remote area or in poor conditions.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON HFDC
is a trademark owned by ZENA, Inc. for its welding systems and related products.
& Foreign Patents Pending
Copyright 1998,1999, 2000, 2001 by ZENA, Incorporated. All rights reserved.